With the flying season upon us, many of you are anxious to get to the field and start logging hours on your aircraft – I know we are. Amidst all the excitement, let us not forget to get all the basic field necessities ready, as it is easy leave without, but hard to go without. Here is a recap of what our guys make sure they have in their field boxes as they head out to fly.
- CA and Kicker – Great for those on-the-go fixes. We recommend the performance of Zap Adhesives.
- Double Sided Tape – This is great to add a little extra hold to your devices as they undergo the stress of flight. We recommend the 3M adhesive for a secure hold.
- Velcro – Perfect item for the parts that you will need access to. Velcro adds a great hold, but not as temporary as the double sided tape or CA.
- Tools (Wrenches, Screw Drivers, Cutters) – As we fly things need adjusting, either from initial set up, tuning, or flight vibration. Multi-Tools like the GorillaGrip Wrench or the Multi-Driver Set Duratrax offer several sizes in one convenient package. Don’t forget your basic Xacto #1 Knife and spare blades!
- Battery checker and spare batteries / Fuel and spare glow plugs – Whether you fly Gas/Glow or Electric, you need to make sure you have backup power, so you are not left grounded.
- Spare Props/Blades – These are a must for those accidental nicks and chips that may happen.